Monday, July 23, 2018

Welcome to 4th Grade!

Dear Families,


           Welcome to fourth grade at Gold Rush Elementary.  My name is Jennifer Poli, and I will be your child’s teacher.  I am excited for the journey of a new year to begin and to experience it with all of the children and you!  I look forward to getting to know you and your child as we embark on this journey together. I truly look at my role as your child’s teacher not only as an educator with regard to the fourth grade curriculum, but as someone who will be a part of his/her growth as an individual (academically, socially, emotionally).  I teach with both my “educator hat” and my “mom hat” at all times, and I will do all I can to challenge and support your child as we grow together throughout the year.

           Allow me to tell you a little about myself as I will be spending a great deal of time with you and your child.  I earned my undergraduate degree in psychology from William Paterson University in northern New Jersey. My teaching degree is from Rutgers University, and I earned my Master’s Degree in Educational Administration from Temple University in Pennsylvania. I have been teaching for fourteen years, and I have had the privilege of teaching here at Gold Rush for the past five years. My own children attend Gold Rush, and to us, it is home.  


           Outside of school I enjoy spending time with my family.  I have two children; Brayden is nine and will be attending fourth grade at Gold Rush.  My youngest is seven. Her name is Brynn, and she will be in second grade this year. In my spare time I enjoy  cooking/baking, reading, hiking, physical fitness, and cheering on my children at their many sporting events. You can often find me on the football, soccer, baseball,softball field or basketball court when I am not in the classroom.  Kids sure do keep you busy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!


           I look forward to working with you and your child in the upcoming school year!  If you have any questions over the summer, please feel free to email me at jennifer.poli@dcsdk12.org.  I have an open door policy, and I feel that communication is an essential part of a successful school year so please don’t ever hesitate to reach out to me with regard to anything you or your kiddo needs.  I hope you enjoy every last moment with your child before the school year starts, and I look forward to meeting all of you soon.


Sincerely,


Ms. Jennifer Poli

No comments:

Post a Comment