Tuesday, July 26, 2016



Welcome to Fourth Grade!

Dear Families,

            Welcome to fourth grade at Gold Rush Elementary.  My name is Jennifer Poli, and I will be your child’s teacher.  I am excited for the journey of a new year to begin and to experience it with all of the children and you!

            Allow me to tell you a little about myself as I will be spending a great deal of time with you and your child.  I earned my undergraduate degree in psychology from William Paterson University, a small school in northern New Jersey.  My teaching degree is from Rutgers University in New Jersey, and I earned my Master’s Degree in Educational Administration from Temple University in Pennsylvania. I have been teaching for twelve years; my experience ranges from Kindergarten to fifth grade.  I was a stay-at-home mom for three years after relocating to Colorado from New Jersey.  I enjoyed my time at home, and after three years decided it was time to re-enter the field of education.  I had the privilege of doing that a few years ago  here at Gold Rush as the full day kindergarten teacher.  Last year I was a teacher on the fourth grade team.

            Outside of school I enjoy spending time with my family.  I have two children; Brayden is seven and will be attending second grade at Gold Rush.  My youngest is five.  Her name is Brynn and she will start Kindergarten this year.  My “third child” is a black Labrador named Jack.  In my spare time I enjoy exercising, cooking/baking, and reading.  

            I look forward to working with you and your child in the upcoming school year!  If you have any questions over the summer, please feel free to email me at jennifer.poli@dcsdk12.org.

Sincerely,

Ms. Jennifer Poli

No comments:

Post a Comment